Customised equipment prescription involves the precise application of scientific principles to ensure that a piece of equipment is going to meet individual need.
Equipment prescription can involve prescription of items to support functioning such as:
- Wheelchairs - manual and powerdrive
- Shower chairs - static and mobile
- Toilet chairs and supports
- General assistive devices - reachers, dressing aids, cutlery,
- Technology - tablets, phones and other devices
- Pressure cushions and pressure mattress
- Electric beds
- Electric recliner chairs
Our Occupational Therapists have a thorough knowledge base of the associated government schemes which provide funding towards some of these items:
We also have close relationships with a number of medical aids and equipment suppliers across the coast and can provide advice, education and comparisons on various products.