Environmental assessments involve a thorough analysis of an individual’s living, leisure or working environment and how they function within this environment. It involves observation of potential hazardous areas (most notably - steps, access and bathroom areas) and allows for recommendations to be made in regards to maximising safety, functioning and independence in these zones.
Our Occupational Therapists are able to:
- Advise on relevant Australian Standards for independence and safety
- Work with you to design safe and accessible spaces that will be useable for the long term
- Connect you with appropriate community funding
- Arrange project management, build and full completion of works
Minor Modifications often involve:
- Threshold steps, wedges, ramp, grab rails, lever taps, hand held shower hoses, false floors, hand rails.
Major Modifications involve complete remodelling of areas within ergonomic design principles to create:
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom, toilet, kitchen and laundry facilities
- Ambulant disabled facilities
- Extensive ramp systems
Smart Solutions Rehab Group provides the sole consultation services to the Maroochy Home Maintenance. The Sunshine Coast Home Modifications Scheme is responsible for the delivery of government funding for Major Home Modifications for individuals at risk of hospitalisation or admission to a nursing home facility in the Sunshine Coast, North Brisbane and Wide Bay Areas. Regina Heffernan (Director/Principal OT) is personally dedicated to the delivery of this project and has specialist training and extensive experience in this field.