What is My Aged Care?
My Aged Care is the central national contact point for people over 65 who are seeking services to remain living in their own home. The Australian Federal Government recently implemented this service to coordinate the existing range of services in the community and to provide a system for ensuring continuity of care.
What services are provided?
There are a range of services available through this Australian Government service including the following:
- Allied Health and Therapy Services
- Assistance with care and housing
- Aged Care Assessment
- Domestic assistance
- Goods, equipment and assistive technology
- Home Maintenance
- Social Support
- Personal Care
- Food Services
- Home Modifications
- Transition Care
What services does Smart Solutions Rehab Group offer?
Is there funding available?
Yes! There are a range of funding options including funding that is accessible after assessment by the My Aged Care team. This funding includes:
- Transition Care (TCP)
- Home Care Packages (HCP)
- Community Home Support Packages (CHSP)
All these funding streams have ability to provide therapy services to you.
Other funding can include:
- Medicare’s Enhanced Primary Care Program – every individual with a chronic disease (regardless of age) is eligible to received 5 x subsidised services through the EPC. EPC’s are available from your GP
- Private Health Insurance (Extras) – many people have private health insurance that include extra’s which can be used for Allied Health services. Ask your insurer about what you are eligible for and the funding thresholds.
Smart Solutions Rehab Group is also a large provide to DVA clients on the Sunshine Coast.
Please refer to the My Aged Care website for more information.